OWRYOT

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Building starts




The three photos are: the start of excavations, the end of the first day, end of the second day.
8.00 am on Saturday 11th October 2008 we were woken from our slumbers by the sound of a revving engine as the site-work excavation machine drove up the drive. 15 minutes later the grass and topsoil had been removed from the building site and our house was under way. This was the end of my long wait. There had been some movement in the past few weeks with the building consent being approved, and the contractors coming on site and placing the pegs in the wrong place. Last Wednesday the contractor came and put the pegs in the right place and suddenly it was all on. Thursday the earthwork contractor, and the builder who is doing the boxing called in and said they would like to start this weekend. The earthworks were completed by 10 am Saturday and the builder was on site soon after midday. I now have to co-ordinate electricians and plumbers, and then my work will really start.
My knee has continued to improve but still swells each day if I do any work on it. I am able to ride my bike to the shops now, and am using it for exercise. I have not used crutches or the mobility scooter for three weeks.
At the AGM of the RSA I became a member of the committee, which involves a meeting each month plus some other duties. This will help to keep me from getting bored in the evenings. I am already playing snooker on Thursday evenings--- badly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are keeping busy Grandad!
love Zoe

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home