OWRYOT

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Here we are again

I see that it is two months since last I wrote a blog. It is not that I have disappeared from the earth, it is just that I have been really busy on the house and with other things like having the bus repaired after a moment of indiscretion. These things are so frustrating, annoying, unnecessary and expensive! We had the whole family here in Whangamata for christmas in the ulined house. I spent two days putting up Gib board on the lower half of walls so that Zoe could not get at the fibreglass insulation. On New year's eve we went up to the Buckley's at Tutukaka and had a really great four days relaxing. We came back down to Auckland and it was while I was gathering stuff for the house that I looked away when I should have been watching forward and the vehicle in front stopped. I needed about half a metre more than was availble.
Back in Whangamata I have been working steadily on the house and the kitchen is now almost complete. I spent today installing the dishwasher. There are only the blinds , curtains and the TV connectors to be installed and the living rooms are complete. We had imitation wood grain vinyl planks laid on the floor and they look superb. The bathroom is complete, apart from the towel rails, toilet roll holder, and the door to be rehung. I laid vinyl tiles with a marble pattern in this little room and they look great. I have yet to paint the rest of the rooms, doors and wardrobes.
We are grandparents again (double). Erin was expecting twins around the end of this month, but they came early on February 24. Finn Samuel and Dylan Patrick are both healthy having been around 5lbs. Erin is sore having endured a caesarian section. I will be going to Auckland next week to be the driver, washing hanger out, toddler wrangler and other Grandparent duties.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and doing a great job wrangling - Phil and I are very grateful!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home