OWRYOT

Saturday, June 06, 2009

The 70th




Yesterday we held my 70th birthday party at Bracu Restuarant in Bombay. The restaurant is part of the Suminovich Olive plantation and is an awesome venue for a party. The food was fabulous. 22 family and friends helped me to celebrate over lunch. It was totally enjoyable to be able to sit and talk over a few drinks in such a good venue. I was most fortunate to receive some lovely cards and gifts. Naturally many of the cards referred to my advancing years. And my sister Jan gave some long johns, slippers, a scarf and beanie to keep me warm. The stars of the show were really Finn and Dylan who happily participated in “pass the baby.” Celebrations actually started on Thursday evening when the Navy Band was performing at the RSA. Someone organised for them to wish me a public “happy birthday.”
On the house front: last Tuesday I received the engineer’s report I have been waiting months for. I immediately submitted it to the Council and hope that I will receive approval in the next few days. We will then be able to get the final inspection done and officially move in. I still have to re-do the deck to match the house.
The coming week is the annversary of my knee operation and I have an appointment with the surgeon to assess progress. I am walking well and have very little discomfort. It does not like being cold though.
The weather here in Whangamata is very good. We have had a series of cool mornings with warm sunny days. We often seem to miss rain and cloud which effects surrounding districts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home