OWRYOT

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Off to the Islands.

Is it really a year since I posted a blog? Damn I have been lazy. If you read this could you please make a comment to let me know that I am not wasting my time..
I am about to set off on a great adventure. A guy I used to work with in Auckland, Dave Robinson is sailing his 39 foot yacht "Cavatina" to Tonga as the start of a cruise around the Pacific. I will be sailing with him, leaving on Tuesday May 25. The trip to Tongatapu should take around 10 days. Lorna and Dave's wife Mel will be flying up on June 5 to meet us. We are then going to sail up to the Vavau group of islands which are purported to be the "Jewel of the Pacific". After ten days cruising these Islands we will be flying home on June 16. I have never been offshore before so this is exciting and a little scary.
The trip has been four years in the planning and was to happen this year on May 1. A number of factors have delayed our departure but we are now ready to go.
Look for a further blog after June 16

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And about time! Dont get lost?
enjoy yourselves Mr & Mrs Crusoe.

Colin

PS, remove the d from warbirdds

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im reading it, keep it coming.I think warbirdds looks better, leave it. Bill

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep updating - need to do it more regularly though. Waiting for the update after your adventures to the islands.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home