OWRYOT

Monday, July 02, 2007

Super tub

Sorry non yachties – an Yngling is a three person keel boat which is sailed as the women’s Olympic class. I do not know whether there is a Yng! Thanks or the comment Val we now know that someone is reading the blog.
I spent the whole of that week sitting in the bus and walking to the Pakuranga shops to buy small lots of food. Had my eyes tested and , as expected needed new lenses. My prescription had not changed since 2000, so I guess it was not too bad. On Friday afternoon I picked Lorna up from work and we drove down to Whangamata for the weekend. On the one day that I helped Dave I was able to obtain a used supertub w hich I spent most of the weekend renovating. I also spent hours on the real bloke activity of organising the shed. Bob had also given us a room sized piece of carpet which we put down in the shed. This makes part of the building a bit more comfortable.
We drove back to Auckland on Sunday and I set myself up at Bob’s ready for work. I did not hear from him on the Monday so I decided to head back down to the section to keep organising shed etc. Being alone is much easier when you are in your own property.
Lorna hired a rental car and drove down on Friday afternoon. We spent a wet weekend together and she drove back to Auckland Sunday afternoon. Yesterday I fitted the supertub and this morning I did some washing. This arrangement is so much better than the silly little toilet hand basin that was in the washroom. The next project is the deck which I will commence soon.
Dave rang yesterday and told me that he had decided to put the trip to the Islands off until April for a number of reasons. This is OK by me as timing was a little tight anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home