OWRYOT

Monday, July 30, 2007

The deck


The bus at the deck.
Wow it is the 25th already!
After installing the supertub I have travelled to Auckland once and Lorna has been down here twice. A couple of weekends ago Phil and Erin brought Zoe down and stayed at the next door motor camp. Not very good. They have decided that next time they will stay in a motel.
The deck is built! Bunnings gave me a good price on the materials and I started construction when the rain let up on Thursday two weeks ago. The framework was put up and some of the floor joists positioned. Then I had to wait for the concrete. It rained again! The concrete truck actually arrived on the day ordered, although some hours late. The driver helped to barrow the mix into place and by nightfall I had everything set in place. This was last Tuesday, and then I spent three days between showers getting the deck finished. I took the weekend off as Lorna was down. On Saturday we visited Ron and Maureen at their new place at Omokoroa, near Tauranga. They have purchased a house in a retirement village, and it is really salubrious.
Now it is the 30th July
Monday was spent building a seat to go on the end of the deck, which will qalso make a step so that I can plug the bus in to power with out needing a ladder.
I then spent some time removing the old TV aerials from the bus and building a cup rack.
On Friday I drove up to Pakuranga to look after Bob Sarney’s house and cats while he is in Rarotonga sailing model yachts.
Dave has also got a few little plumbing jobs I can do while I am here, as well as pruning Bob’s roses. There has been much rain, so it has been very good to be in house.
Lorna has been busy arranging flights so that we can attend Struan’s wedding on the 29th September, which is one week after I start work in Nelson.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The deck looks great Mike, I was just saying to Lorna yesterday that you hadn't blogged in while and suggested that perhaps you were busy ensuring Bob's wine cellar was kept refreshed! LOL. Erin

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home